Kapi (shrimp paste) is a common ingredient of Thai dishes for a long time. It is used as an ingredient in many dishes and its taste is salty. Khao Kluk Kabi, fried rice with shrimp paste, is one of a traditional Thai dishes garnished with sweet pork, chopped mango, chili, crispy dried shrimp and omelet.
Kapi (shrimp paste) is made from fermented ground shrimp mixed with salt and it contain high calcium, omega3 and vitamin B12 which naturally present in some foods. The vitamin B12 helps strengthen bone and increase red blood cells. Omega3 helps to prevent from blood clots.
- 4 cups steamed rice
- 2 tbsp. roasted shrimp paste
- 2 tbsp. chopped garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp. cooking oil
- 150 grams sweet pork
- 20 grams dried shrimp, deep-fried
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 40 grams shallots, sliced
- 40 grams mango, chopped
- 80 grams omelet, ribbon-sliced
- Garnish with sliced chili and coriander leaves